Register To Post

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
Dave
Posted on: 2017/11/17 16:50
Webmaster
Lactate Testing Dec. 2nd & 3rd
Hello All,

We are co-ordinating a round of Lactate Testing Dec. 2nd & Dec. 3rd at Runner's Life. The cost is $135 per test and space is limited to 28 people, last time we had a waiting list so sign up soon. Spots are every 45min. through out the day and you can reserve your spot but putting down a $25 non-refundable deposit.

The Peak Centre for Human Performance (based in Ottawa) will be conducting all the testing, you can check them out at www.peakcentre.ca

What is Lactate Testing and Why would I want it?

Lactate Testing will allow you to train efficiently. By measuring the amount of lactic acid in your blood (yes, you have to give blood) you will know EXACTLY how hard you are working at a certain heart-rate, speed and power output. By knowing what your body is doing at different heart-rates you can then train more effectively and achieve the adaptations that you want to perform your best.

It is a sport specific test so if you run you should get tested while running and if you bike you should get tested while biking and if you are a multisport athlete you should get them both tested, or if you have to pick just one, choose the sport you want to concentrate on (should be your weakest sport). If you are thinking about doing both you are best doing one test in the AM and the second in PM or on alternate days.

To get the assessment or not? Click Here

To read about the different training zones and how to use them click here.

If you would like more information email me or drop by Runner's Life. dave@runnerslife.ca or call 8786-8960

It's a blast! Look how much fun these people are having!

Dave
Click to see original Image in a new window
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic |

Register To Post

Peterborough's Running & Multisport Store