Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
James D
Posted on: 2014/11/15 13:11
Just popping in
2015 Beginner Triathlon Program
What: Runner's Life Beginner Triathlon Program

Click to see original Image in a new window

When: An 8-week course taking place every Monday night, 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm. Starting date is April 13-June 1st targeting the Stoney Lake Tri (June 7th)
Another 8 week program will start June 8th to August 3rd targeting the Chemong Lake Tri (August 9th)

Cost: $80. Sign up at Runner's Life, 174 Charlotte St. or over the phone, 705.876.8960.

Learn the tricks of the trade from some of Peterborough's most experienced triathlon coaches. Our goal with this program is to give you the knowledge you need to enjoy your first triathlon experience, while still having fun.

We'll breakdown and explore each of the three components of the triathlon, demystifying any questions and practicing with real tri training.

Swim:
-We'll loan you a wetsuit to use for the swim and show you how to put it on and take it off and avoid chaffing. Yes, we're going swimming!
-Learn to "Spot" so you can swim in a straight line.
-Learn to swim in a group.
-Learn where to position yourself at the start.
-Learn "Dolphin" dives.

Bike:
-Learn the rules of drafting.
-Learn how to get more, "Aero".
-Learn basic bike handling skills.

Run:
-Learn how to get rid of the "Concrete" feeling more quickly.

Transitions:
-Learn how to set up your transition area.
-Learn how to efficiently & effectively get in & out of the transition area.
-We will have actual "Transition Racks" for you to practice with.

Who's this for?: This is for anyone who has never done a triathlon. If you have participated in one in the past, check out our RLM Triathlon Training Day. Our Training Day is for the triathlete looking to refresh their skills and maybe pick up a few new ones.

This program is designed for those with absolutely no experience. If you're still new to the sport and looking to hone your skills, check out our weekly workouts- for APRIL and MAY. We guarantee training with a group is much more fun!

What do I need?: Most importantly, a positive attitude.

- bike
- helmet
- running shoes
- swimsuit & towel
- an outfit to wear for both the bike and run

Stoney Lake Triathlon: Taking place Sunday, June 7th at the beautiful McKracken's Landing, Stoney Lake. This local race is a great first race experience. Participants who participate in this course and sign up by the early bird deadline (May 24th) will receive $15 off their entry fee.
To find out more about the Stoney Lake Tri, click here.

Chemong Lake Triathlon: Taking place Sunday, August 9th at the beautiful Ennismore Waterfront Park. This local race is a great first race experience. Participants who participate in this course and sign up by the early bird deadline (July 26th) will receive $15 off their entry fee.

To find out more about the Chemong Lake Tri, click here.

Catherine_M
Posted on: 2015/3/23 7:18
Just popping in
Re: 2015 Beginner Triathlon Program
Just signed up last week!

I've been wanting to do a tri for years now, and this is just the thing I need kick my butt into finally doing it. Really pumped about this!

Question though - are we swimming Little Lake in APRIL?!
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic |

Register To Post

Peterborough's Running & Multisport Store